Cartier Exhibition in Paris’ Grand Palais from 4th December
January 2nd, 2014
Cartier is a jeweller of great intrigue; it has decorated the famous and the royal and rouses interest to this day. Cartier: Style and History will delve into the pivotal role the jeweller has had in the development of the decorative arts. It will explore its diverse collection of creations with some 500 pieces of exquisite jewellery plus paintings, posters and furniture.
The House of Cartier's Most Symbolic Pieces and Commissions
The jewellers iconic image, the panther, first appeared in 1914 as a subtle arrangement on a watch, and has since gone on to feature across the Cartier range. When Jeanne Toussaint was elected Director of Fine Jewellery in 1933, the men were astonished by her strength, ambition and grace. For this reason femininity was explored through the panther and it came to appear on necklaces, broaches, bracelets and more. The Panther was a design fiercely desired, so much so that it was ordered in form of a bracelet by the Duchess of Windsor, Wallis Simpson. Cartier was also asked to create a jewel-encrusted flamingo clip marked with the initials 'W.E.' for the couple's 20th anniversary.
The Champs-Élysées and Parisian Boutique Culture
Paris has been a place of boutiques for centuries, and has long attracted connoisseurs and admirers of fashion, jewels and decoration. The Grand Palais is an imposing exhibitor of garment design, contemporary art and French antiques that brings boutique culture under one glass roof. It is situated on the Avenue Franklin Delano Roosevelt, just off the Champs-Élysées, and is home to the National Galleries, where Cartier: Style and History will be held.
- JUMP ON IT! Paris Hotel Offer
'JUMP ON IT!' & SAVE 15% at Hotel Amarante Beau Manoir
- Paris Museum Offer
Nouvel Orsay Offer at Hotel Amarante Beau Manoir
- Shopping Package
Great shopping experience with Hotel Amarante Beau Manoir!
- Best Available Internet Rate
Best Available Rate in Paris Hotel Offer
- Early Bird Advance Booking Rate
Early Booking Paris Hotel Offer, Advance Rooms
- Car Makers Teasing New Models Ahead of Paris Auto Show
- Dries Van Noten - Inspirations at Les Arts Décoratifs
- La Nuit des Musées in Paris
- Cartier Exhibition in Paris’ Grand Palais
- Drinking and Dining this New Year’s in Paris
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina
- The Sisters of Napoleon at Musée Marmottan Monet
- Spring & Summer in Paris with Beau Manoir
- 2013 Advance Booking Paris Hotel Offer: Hotel Amarante Beau Manoir
- Autumn Break in Paris